Working offline with source code

May 1, 2008 at 10:50 PM
I thought I would have a look at the source and get a better understanding of my HTML description issue. I have the source that was packaged with the application installer.

My development environment is offline (no Internet access.)

I loaded up the .vbproj file, and when propted about source control, I elected to unbind all source control (as I don't have access to codeplex from my development environment.)

When the proejct loads, pretty much all the .xaml files are "missing" in the project browser. I have all the code-behind, but none of the xaml. Also no app.config in the project.

If I try to build, I get a raft of errors around missing files, including "Sub Main was not found in RDdotNet.TFSStickyBuddy"

How can I work offline with the project? We have a number of restrictions on downloading source code etc here, so anything that requires internet access is going to be painful.

Cheers,
Dylan.
May 12, 2008 at 2:03 PM
Hi Dylan,

It sounds like your firewall is stripping the .xaml files out of the zip as they apier in all the zip files. Have you tried installing the application? The source files are hiden in the "Source" folder under the applications program files folder... ;) sneekie I know.. but I have run accross this issue before...

Martin