How do you want the dashboard view to be displayed?

Apr 19, 2008 at 10:45 PM
Should the dashboard view refresh automaticaly?

Do you want to be able to have multiple saved dashboard views and cycle between them?
Apr 30, 2008 at 12:04 AM
1) The last viewed dashboard state should be what the program opens onto. I am ususally looking at a particular query in a particular project, so it would be easier if the app opened up displaying whatever I was last looking at.

2) The display is not wide enough. With all my empty iterations, my active working area is way over to the right, and I can't scroll far enough to view it without zooming too far out to make it useful. Is there a way to either hide empty iterations (see my other suggestion) or to give a greater working area so you can scroll over to the right further?

3) How are work items ordered? Are they sorted by rank at all? That would be handy. I can see that they are grouped by state, which is nice, but sorting by rank within state would be great (assuming that is not what you are already doing. I haven't checked.)

4) Refresh on adding an area/iteration doesn't work. If you add an area to TFS, then re-run the query in Buddy, no work items are dispalyed. You have to go right back to the start and select TFS server, Project, Query.

5) A manual refresh (on F5 for example) would be useful.

Great work, guys. This tool has some nice potential. I have found it extremely useful already in identifying work items without an Area.

Dylan.
Jul 16, 2008 at 6:28 AM
A quick note to say I really like the direction this app is going.  Thanks!

I'm thinking about presenting Sticky Buddy on a flat panel in the office at all times.  It would be nice if:

1. Having the ability to define multiple views and cycle through in a slide show configuration would be cool.

2. Maybe an additional Panel that provides high level rollup information related to the current project being viewed.  Number of reqs (open, closed), number of bugs (submitted, opened, closed), or any other items and their related status values.

Keep up the good work!